This chowder is so hearty and filling. It’s full of the sweet flavor and crunch of corn, there are lots of juicy chunks of chicken, and then – I top it with crispy bacon and cheese.
Soup, or rather chowder, doesn’t get much better than this. Thick, creamy, and so flavorful. Even men will eat it.
|Corn & Chicken Chowder||
- 6 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups half-ahd-half
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Remove bacon from pot. Add butter to bacon drippings. Add celery, potatoes, onion, and carrot. Saute, stirring constantly, until onion and celery are tender.
- Stir in flour. Add chicken broth and seasoning or seasoned salt, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken and corn. Simmer for 7 minutes longer until vegetables are tender. Add half-and-half and tomatoes. Heat through. Add salt and pepper as needed.